The Children's Home Garden
Reaching the World
from the heart of Winston.
Volunteers Needed for The Children's Home Food Garden
After harvesting over 10,000 lbs of food last year from our Food Garden for the Food Bank, we need your help harvesting this years’ crop. All ages, families, Sunday School classes, etc are encouraged to sign up.
Days & Times for Harvesting at the Food Garden:
Tuesdays (5:30 – 7:00 pm) / Thursdays (5:30 – 7:00 pm) / Saturdays (9:00 -11:00 am)
Directions to the Garden:
• Is located at The Children's Home (1001 Reynolda Road) It is a large facility with many buildings and a farm at the back end. about a mile from the entrance.
• After you go through the main entrance, turn left at the little intersection.
• Follow this road past the brick cottages and the ball field.
• Continue on the gravel road toward the big red barn; bear right then left toward the field behind the barn.
• Go about 100 yards until you see a sign "Food Bank Community Garden". You can park at the top of the hill or down at the shed.
To sign up to volunteer at the garden contact Maria Edmonds (397-1355).
Are you interested in learning more about Centenary On-site, Local, National or International Ministries?
Contact Reverend Maria Edmonds to learn how you can get involved.